Admission requirements for our full-time PhD track:
- A Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, including economics, political science, social sciences, business administration, computational social sciences, with a strong academic background in one of the core disciplines of the institute. Fellows who complete their Master’s degree in spring 2024 may also apply.
- Documented theoretical and practical understanding of one or more of the topics of interest specified in the introduction.
- The position requires spoken and written fluency in the English language, to be demonstrated through an approved test (see section application process) for applicants from non-English-speaking countries.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Knowledge of the design, development or use of data, modelling and simulation methods and their application in a topic of interest
- Proficiency in academic writing
We are searching for candidates who:
- Enjoy working independently as well as cooperating in interdisciplinary teams
- Enjoy being part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural community
- Are willing to interact with societal stakeholders in shaping their research
- Are able to communicate information and results with clarity and ease, both orally and in writing
- Are in the earlier stage of their career. An indicative age limit of 32 years is softly applied.
We particularly encourage candidates from the Global South to apply.