- Master’s degree from a relevant academic field, with a strong academic background in one of the core disciplines of the institute.
- Documented theoretical and practical understanding of one or more of the topics of interest specified in the introduction.
- The education requires spoken and written fluency in the English language, to be demonstrated through an approved test (see section application process) for applicants from non-English-speaking countries.
- Approval and support from the current employer to participate in the PhD programme is needed.
- Knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Knowledge of the design, development or use of data, modelling and simulation methods and their application in a topic of interest
- Proficiency in academic writing
- Access to a complementary professional network or unique data is an asset
- Candidates who conduct research in their job are encouraged to apply
- Candidates from the Global South are encouraged to apply