Maastricht University has been ranked the second fastest-rising young university in the latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The study highlighted seven universities under the age of 50, drawing on data from the last four years of the World University Rankings. Only institutions currently in the top 200 were eligible.
This year’s rankings are as follows:
1. Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
2. Maastricht University, the Netherlands
3. University of Warwick, the UK
4. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), Korea
5. Pompeu Fabra University, Spain
6. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
7. Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), China
Founded in 1976, Maastricht University currently holds sixth place in the 100 Under 50 Rankings. It was also ranked 101st in the 2014 World University Rankings, having gained 96 places since 2011/12.
TES Global; Flickr / NASA HQ Photo