Journal of Population Economics webinar on gender & COVID-19
Various speakers , UNU-MERIT & GLO
The Journal of Population Economics is happy to announce a webinar on January 28, 2021 from 16:00-18:00 CET (Maastricht/Dutch time) to present highlights from the newly published issue 34(2)/2021. The event is supported by GLO and hosted by UNU-MERIT via Zoom. Alessio J. Brown (Co-Director of POP at UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University and GLO) will welcome participants. Managing Editor Michaella Vanore, (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University and GLO) will guide through the event. Editor Terra McKinnish (University of Colorado Boulder and GLO) and Editor-in-Chief Klaus F. Zimmermann (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University and GLO) will chair the sessions.
The webinar highlights 6 of the 10 articles published in issue 34(2)/2021, three on GENDER (covering Bangladesh, China and developing countries in general) and three on COVID-19 (covering the USA and Australia). All articles are published ONLINE FIRST and are freely accessible already now through the links below.
The speakers will include:
- M. Niaz Asadullah speaking on Measuring gender attitudes using list experiments
- Thang Dao speaking on The education gender gap and the demographic transition in developing countries
- Yun Xiao speaking on Education and gender role attitudes
- John P. De New speaking on Implications of COVID-19 labour market shocks for inequality in financial wellbeing
- Matthew Zahn speaking on Socio-demographic factors associated with self-protecting behavior during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Abel Brodeur speaking on The COVID-19 Pandemic and the 2020 U.S. Presidential Election
The event is open to all via the following URL: https://maastrichtuniversity.zoom.us/j/98086715796/
Venue: Zoom: https://maastrichtuniversity.zoom.us/j/98086715796/
Date: 28 January 2021
Time: 16:00 - 18:00