This joint seminar will present the 'Industrial Development Report (IDR) 2016', UNIDO's flagship publication.
Entitled “The Role of Technology and Innovation in Inclusive and Sustainable Industrial Development”, the report was co-authored by among others several UNU-MERIT fellows, including Director Bart Verspagen, Profs. Adam Szirmai and Wim Naudé (MSM), Drs. Neil Foster-McGregor, Paula Nagler (MSM), Alejandro Lavopa, and Jojo Jacob, as well as PhD Fellows Mary Kaltenberg, Ibrahima Kaba, and Simone Sasso. Additional research assistance was provided by PhD Fellows Juan Carlos Castillo and Sheng Zhong.
Seminar speakers will include Dr. David Malone, Rector of UNU; Prof. Bart Verspagen, Director of UNU-MERIT; and Prof. Ludovico Alcorta, Director of Research, Statistics and Industrial Policy at UNIDO.
More details to follow.
Venue: United Nations University HQ, Tokyo, 5F, Elizabeth Rose Hall
Date: 18 December 2015
Time: 13:30 - 19:30
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Structural Change and Economic Development
- 3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
- 4. Governance and institutions
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Social Protection
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Buster
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses