Europe is in the midst of an unprecedented refugee crisis. The mass movement of migrants from Syria and other war torn nations, making the perilous journey this summer has raised issues among European nations.
These questions include the ability to control external borders, the intervention Europe should take in these failed states and most recently the shortcomings of the EU’s policy on migration.
Studium Generale, UNSA and ESA Concordantia will host a debate café on the 12th of October in which these issues will be discussed. Joining the panel will be experts on EU immigration, on Europe’s role in the Middle East, diaspora engagement, migration history, and there will a Syrian refugee who will talk about the human aspects of migration.
Venue: Boekhandel Dominicanen, Dominicanerkerkstraat 1, Maastricht
Date: 12 October 2015
Time: 20:00 - 21:30
- ABOUT US
- 1. Economics of Innovation and New Technologies
- 2. Structural Change and Economic Development
- 3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
- 4. Governance and institutions
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Social Protection
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Buster
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses