Prof. Mark Bevir, Center for British Studies, University of California, Berkeley
About the speaker
Mark Bevir is a Professor of Political Science and the Director of the Center for British Studies at the University of California, Berkeley. He is also a Professor in the Graduate School of Governance, United Nations University (MERIT) and a Distinguished Research Professor in the College of Arts and Humanities, Swansea University. He was born and raised in London, and he received his doctorate from the University of Oxford.
Mark's research interests in political theory include moral philosophy, political philosophy, and the history of political thought. His work on public policy focuses on organization theory, democratic theory, and governance. His methodological interests cover the philosophy of social science, the history of social science, and interpretive analysis.
Mark has done policy work for governmental and non-governmental organizations in Spain, the UK, and the US as well as for the UN system.
Date: 19 November 2013
Time: 10:00 - 11:15
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Structural Change and Economic Development
- 3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
- 4. Governance and institutions
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Social Protection
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Buster
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses