Organized by Sasakawa Peace Foundation in cooperation with UNU-MERIT
Despite all the global technological advances in the last decades, a large share of the world population at the Base of the Pyramid (BOP), still struggles with addressing its basic needs.
In October 2012, the Sasakawa Peace Foundation initiated the project ‘BOP Technology Innovation and Products Incubation’ in partnership with the UNDP.
The project aims to identify technologies in the areas such as clean energy, water, ICT, agriculture, etc., conduct technology testing and collection of feedback in selected communities, and incubate promising technologies by matching corporations in developed countries and entrepreneur/corporations in the BOP.
In line with the project, the symposium aims to bring together a group of academics, analysts, policy makers and practitioners to share their insights about BOP and the new ways to harness the power of private sector technology for human development in a mutually beneficial way.
Date: 04 March 2013
Time: 15:00 - 17:45
- ABOUT US
- 1. Economics of Innovation and New Technologies
- 2. Structural Change and Economic Development
- 3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
- 4. Governance and institutions
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Social Protection
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Buster
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses