Prof. Maarten Verkerk ,
This training seminar is open to everyone. Below five marketing lines provided by the speaker.
1) Writing a PhD 'during the evenings and the nights' must be a relaxing and enjoying activity
2) Most topics of the GPAC2 PhD students are complex. We need models to understand that complexity and to unravel interactions.
3) Three types of complexity are important: dimensional complexity, stakeholder complexity and problem complexity
4) GPAC2 PhD student are more mature: it can be expected that they encompass ethical considerations and moral standpoints
5) An introduction to ethics is like a meal with different dishes: after the first one you are longing for the second one.
Venue: Keizer Karelplein 19, conference room
Date: 22 November 2012
Time: 14:00 - 16:00
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Structural Change and Economic Development
- 3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
- 4. Governance and institutions
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Social Protection
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Buster
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses