Dr. Jemal Adem
2. Structural Change and Economic Development
1. Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
4. Governance and institutions
8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
Jemal has a PhD in economics from Maastricht University, MSc in development economics from . Adama Science and Technology University and BA in Economics from Haramaya University, Ethiopia. He is currently working at the Ethiopian Policy Study Institute (PSI) as a researcher. Before joining PSI, he worked as a lecturer and researcher at Haramaya University, where he taught Economics courses for undergraduate students and was involved in several research projects.
His research interests cover development economics, behavioral economics, the economics of education, women empowerment, early childhood development, institutional change, innovation, and entrepreneurship.