| Muhammad Shafique
1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
Muhammad Shafique earned the MSc in Economics and Business Administration from Copenhagen Business School with focus on strategic management. Earlier, he also attained an MBA from Pakistan. He holds many academic distinctions and honours including two presidential awards of academic excellence from the Government of Pakistan.
His research interests span the economics and sociology of knowledge and industrial dynamics. The objective of his research is to understand the principal mechanisms through which these domains interact and fuel innovation and technological change. He is exploring the idea that technological change manifests in the emergence of "technological hotspots" in the global technology space and corresponding shifts in the locus of activity within the techno-economic system. Accordingly, his research is scaffolded by evolutionary systems theory, network theory, and related perspectives.
His research is expected to contribute in the areas of technological forecasting, technology strategy, and innovation policy.
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Poverty, Public Policy and Inclusive Innovation
- 3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
- 4. Sustainable Development, Innovation and Societal Transitions
- 5. Innovation Systems Indicators and Policy
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Governance and Learning in ICT-enabled Communities
- Jargon Glossary
- Long Courses
- Short Courses
- Online and Distance Learning