Thesis: Uncertainty and Resource Constraints in the Small Island Developing States: Essays in Entrepreneurial Cognition, 2016
Promotor(s): Adam Szirmai & René Mauer
Richard Martina is a global citizen, researcher, entrepreneur and thinker. He holds the position of an academic staff member at the Faculty of Social Sciences and Economics at the University of Curacao. He is also a doctoral research fellow in the Dual Career Training Program - Governance and Policy Analysis (GPAC2) at the Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG) and the United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) at Maastricht University. The title of his dissertation is 'Uncertainty and Resource Constraints in the Small Island Developing States: Essays in Entrepreneurial Cognition'.
Richard's main research interests are entrepreneurial decision-making and its influence on the internationalisation process and disruptive innovations. Furthermore, Richard studies how entrepreneurs make decisions during the process of investing, and innovation systems of small island territories.
Richard's areas of teaching are entrepreneurship, innovation & service, and strategy & innovation. Furthermore, he is the founder and project leader of StudInc, an incubation program for students. Richard has experience with developing, coordinating and teaching courses at bachelor and master levels.
Richard holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (University of the Netherlands Antilles), Master of Science in Strategy & Innovation (Maastricht University), and a Master of Arts in Science & Technology Studies (Maastricht University; Lund University).
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Social Protection, Inclusive Innovation and Development
- 3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
- 4. Sustainable Development, Innovation and Societal Transitions
- 5. Innovation Systems Indicators and Policy
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. ICT-enabled Innovation and Societal Transformations
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Glossary
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses
- Community of Learning for Africa (CoLA)
- Evidence-Based Policy Research Methods
- Governance in Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Migration Studies
- Migration and Remittances Effects
- Comparative Migration Policy
- Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries
- Intellectual Property Rights in a Globalised World
- Introduction to Social Protection for the Poor
- Impact Evaluation
- Introduction to Human Development