Thesis: Can Remittances Influence the Tenure and Quality of Housing?, 2014
Promotor(s): Chrs de Neubourg, Edward Kirura & James Mackie
Masters of Arts Degree in Sociology and three post graduate Diplomas in Management, Legislative Drafting and Urban Land Management.
Impact of Migrant’s Remittances on Land and Housing policies for urban areas in developing countries and incentives offered by such Land and Hosing policies for investment compared to other investment alternatives.
I have experience in development policy analysis (within national development frameworks and sector-wide approaches); design and conduct of (action, analytical and evaluative) research on tenure and property rights as related to; Land Tenure Reform (Legal and Policy), Land Conflict and Dispute Resolution, Resettlement and Restitution (Internally Displaced Persons, Minority Groups), Human Settlement and Urbanization, Livelihoods and Institutional Development.
I am a strong advocate of property rights for vulnerable and marginalized groups (gender, pastoralists, ethnic minorities and HIV/AIDS). I have been actively involved in the formulation of Uganda’s National Land Policy; as a draftspersons, consultant and coordinating input from the academia into the policy process. As a trainer, I have participated in the design of training courses and materials on natural resource management and undertaken extensive research on land and natural resources in resettlement and return of IDPs as a consultant for UNDP/UN-Habitat and the World Bank.
Uganda, Burundi, Rwanda, South Africa and Kenya
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Social Protection, Inclusive Innovation and Development
- 3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
- 4. Sustainable Development, Innovation and Societal Transitions
- 5. Innovation Systems Indicators and Policy
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. ICT-enabled Innovation and Societal Transformations
- 8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
- Jargon Glossary
- PhD Programmes
- MSc Programme
- Short Courses
- Online Courses
- Community of Learning for Africa (CoLA)
- Evidence-Based Policy Research Methods
- Governance in Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Migration Studies
- Migration and Remittances Effects
- Comparative Migration Policy
- Entrepreneurship in Developing Countries
- Intellectual Property Rights in a Globalised World
- Introduction to Social Protection for the Poor
- Impact Evaluation
- Introduction to Human Development