For more information about our research group and its members as well as an overview of all our research, publications and activities, please visit the POP website at http://pop.merit.unu.edu.
POP is a Centre for Population, Development and Labour Economics, which joined UNU-MERIT and its School of Governance as an independent economics research group.
Defined broadly POP covers research on global labour markets, demographic challenges and human resources in developed and developing countries. Within these areas POP focuses specifically on employment, development and migration.
POP generates high-quality and policy-relevant research and research-collaboration activities involving leading international scholars. Furthermore, it aims to provide evidence-based policy advice and to disseminate research results and the resulting implications for policy and society to the wider public.
The strong complementarity to the existing research groups at UNU-MERIT will enable to leverage synergies in research, dissemination and evidence-based policy advice activities.
POP at UNU-MERIT hosts the Journal of Population Economics, an international quarterly that publishes original theoretical and applied research in all areas of population economics.
More information about this group at: http://pop.merit.unu.edu
1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
2. Social Protection, Inclusive Innovation and Development
3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
4. Sustainable Development, Innovation and Societal Transitions
5. Innovation Systems Indicators and Policy
6. Migration and Development
7. ICT-enabled Innovation and Societal Transformations
8. Population, Development and Labour Economics