|UNU-MERIT's role in the project will include:
1. Developing a bibliometric database of scientific publications in nanoscience and nanotechnologies;
2. Linking the bibliometric data to funding data to study the productivity of research funding in Europe;
3. Connecting nano R&D data to economic performance data of firms, industries and regions to quantify the economic impact of nanotechnology in Europe;
4. Delineating the strengths and weaknesses of the European nanotechnology scientific research and technology development by examining the progress of the major global players;
5. Mapping the dynamics and future trend of the worldwide nanotechnology R&D.