| Bart Verspagen
1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
Bart verspagen is Director of UNU-MERIT and Director-Dean of the Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG) at Maastricht University.
Bart Verspagen is an economist specialised in the economics of technological change. He did his undergraduate studies at the University of Limburg (now called Maastricht University) in Maastricht, the Netherlands, from 1984 - 1988. After that, he obtained a PhD degree from the same university in 1992. During the five years after that, he held a scholarship from the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW). His workplace is the Economics Department of Maastricht University, as well as the research institute UNU-Merit in Maastricht. At the university, he holds the chair of International Economics.
Verspagen's research interests are fairly broad. The centre area is the process of economic growth, and its relation to technological change. This also brings him into areas such as international trade theory, industrial dynamics, economic and technology history, and applied econometrics, statistics and mathematical modelling. With regard to the latter, he has mainly been applying evolutionary theory to economics. This includes simulation modelling of international economies.
- ABOUT US
- 1. The Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
- 2. Poverty, Public Policy and Inclusive Innovation
- 3. Economic Development, Innovation, Governance and Institutions
- 4. Sustainable Development, Innovation and Societal Transitions
- 5. Innovation Systems Indicators and Policy
- 6. Migration and Development
- 7. Governance and Learning in ICT-enabled Communities
- Jargon Glossary
- Long Courses
- Short Courses
- Online and Distance Learning