The 5th International Conference on Innovation and Management will be held in Maastricht. First established by the Romans over 2050 years ago, Maastricht claims to be the oldest city in the Netherlands. The city is situated on both sides of the river Maas in the south-eastern part of the Netherlands between Belgium and Germany. Using the train, one can easily reach major European cities like Amsterdam, Paris, Brussels and Düsseldorf in less than 3 hours.
The conference will be held in a charming castle-hotel called “Kasteel Vaeshartelt” in the surroundings of Maastricht.
Weert 9, 6222 PG Maastricht
T + 31 (0)43 3690200
F + 31 (0)43 3626060
About Maastricht (Maastricht Tourist Information Office)
Arriving in Maastricht
From Amsterdam Airport
- by train: The journey takes around 3 hours. The train station is underneath the airport. You can buy your ticket either at a ticket counter or from a ticket machine (note: ticket machines work only with Debit Cards). From the Airport take a train either to Amsterdam Central Station, or Utrech Centraal, or Eindhoven first. From each of these stations there are direct trains to Maastricht running every 30 minutes between 5 am till 10:30 pm. Price of the ticket is around 42 euro. See website of Dutch railways www.ns.nl or national rout planner that can plan your journey within the Netherlands from door to door www.9292ov.nl
From Brussels International Airport:
- by train: the journey takes about 2 hours. Train station is located underneath the airport. You can buy your ticket either at a ticket counter or from a ticket machine. From the Airport take the ‘Airport Express’ train to Brussels Noord Station from where direct train to Maastricht leaves every hour between 8 am and 6pm on Monday to Friday. On weekends and in the evenings you will have to get the train to Liege and then change to train to Maastricht. Ticket costs around 25 euro. See the websites of Dutch railways www.ns.nl or Belgian railways www.b-rail.be
- By Shuttle-bus: there is a convenient shuttle service available between Brussels Airport and Maastricht. It will bring you right to the door of your hotel in Maastricht for 35 euro. But it has to be ordered at least 2-3 days in advance. You can make a reservation by contacting the Taxi Brull company on www.brull.nl, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and tel : + 31 – (0)43 – 362 66 66
From Cologne/Bonn airport:
- By train : the journey takes about 3-3.5 hours. Train station is located underneath the airport. You can buy your ticket either at a ticket counter or from a ticket machine. First you have to take S-bahn train to Cologne Central station (Koln HbH). Then change to train to Aachen, then from Aachen Central Station (Aachen Hbf) you can take a direct bus to Maastricht (N50 of Veolia Company) that stops every 30 minutes in front of the station. Or you may want to continue travelling with train, in which case take a train to Heerlen, and in Heerlen switch to train to Maastricht. Train ticket for the whole route Cologne/Bonn Airport – Maastricht costs around 35 euro, if you decide to take a bus from Aachen then buy a train ticket for Cologne/Bonn Airport- Aachen route which will cost around 20 euro and bus ticket is 4 euro, you can buy it from the driver. This connection is valid between 5 am and 11pm.
- By train: the journey takes 3-3.5 hours. Train station is located on the underground floor of the Airport. You can buy ticket in the ticket counter or ticket machine. As in the case with Cologne/Bonn Airport you first have to travel to Aachen Central Station (Aachen Hbf). There are few direct trains between Dusseldorf airport and Aachen HbF, but in most of the cases one has to travel via Dusseldorf Central Station (Dusseldorf Hbf). From Aachen Hbf you can take a direct bus to Maastricht (#50 of Veolia Company) that stops every 30 minutes in front of the station. Or you may want to continue travelling with train, in which case take a train to Heerlen, and in Heerlen switch to train to Maastricht. Train ticket for the whole route Dusseldorf Airport – Maastricht costs around 35 euro, if you decide to take a bus from Aachen then buy a train ticket for Cologne/Bonn Airport- Aachen route which will cost around 25 euro and bus ticket is 4 euro, you can buy it from driver). This connection is valid between 5 am and 11pm.
If you are travelling within Europe you may want to consider flying to Eindhoven airport with one of the low cost airlines. Check the website of the Eindhoven airport to see if it has connection flights with your city/town. http://www.eindhovenairport.com/
From Eindhoven airport you can take a bus to Eindhoven train station. There are trains to Maastricht every 30 minutes. The whole trip takes around 1.5 hour.
Taxi services are available from all airports. However not that taxi is a quite expensive option.
The two main highways entering Maastricht are the A2 and the A79, either of which may be taken by travelers heading in to the area depending upon the point of origin. Specific driving directions from various locations can be obtained from Mapquest (www.mapquest.com) or Google Maps (www.maps.google.com).
If you are arriving from Germany, Belgium, France and Netherlands, train is a good option. For the train schedule and tickets check the following websites:
International high speed train connections: http://www.nshispeed.nl/
German railways: www.bahn.de
Arriving and finding your way in Maastricht
Upon arrival in Maastricht train station you can take public bus or taxi to reach your hotel. Taxi would cost around 15 euro.
www.9292ov.nl can advise you to reach any place by bus or train.
If you are staying in the down town area it is possible to reach your hotel on foot within 20-30 min. Advise www.maps.googl.com to get acquainted with the map of Maastricht and the location of your hotel.
If you are staying in the Kasteel Vaeshartelt, ICIM venue place, you can take a taxi or reach the place by bus or train+bus from Maastricht train station (also see www.9292ov.nl for more details) :
Bus #2 direction “Meerssen via Nazareth” à get off on “Marienwaard “stop then walk for 15 min
Bus # 7 direction “Beatrixhaven” à get off on “Punterweg” stop and walk for 20 min
Bus #59 direction “Sittard” à get off on “Kruispunt” stop and walk for 12 minutes
Stop-train to Kerkrade Centrum à get off on “Meerssen” station, get bus #2 direction to “Oud Caberg via Nazareth”, get off on “Kruispunt” stop and walk for 12 minutes.
Feel free to ask for a directions to Kasteel Vaeshartelt from bus drivers or anyone else.